Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thinking Not Required

A University of Virginia student could have lost her life because a group of self-important numbskulls can’t keep their jobs in perspective.  Elizabeth Daly and two roommates were picking up some ice cream and bottled water when a group of plainclothes Alcoholic Beverage Commission agents mistook their purchase for a 12-pack of beer.  One jumped on the hood of her car and another drew his gun in order to stop the crime of the century.
"They were showing unidentifiable badges after they approached us, but we became frightened, as they were not in anything close to a uniform," she recalled Thursday in a written account of the April 11 incident.
"I couldn't put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car. They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were ... terrified," Daly stated.
And who could blame them?  This has to be the biggest overreaction since Y2K.  I mean, what if these girls were to have gotten away?  College students with alcohol.  The world cannot tolerate such malfeasance!

Miss Daly was arrested and charged with three felonies.   That’s right... three FELONIES because these nimrods can’t tell the difference between water and beer despite the fact that making such a distinction should be the first priority of their job.
And why do these people have guns?

1 comment:

  1. In Britain, the majority of the police force does not carry firearms, and I used to think this was idiotic. However, the older I get and the more police officers I know, the more this makes sense.

    It takes a special kind of person to want to wear the badge. A certain kind of power hungry person. A certain type of power hungry individual that isn't competent enough to really earn power. And certain shouldn't be carrying a weapon.

    ReplyDelete