Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Talk about a left turn



Especially if it’s a freshly made Mexican dinner dripping in grease and smothered in cheese.

Subway has a new enchilada and Frito sandwich. I'll let that sink in for a minute.

I thought their pitch was always about eating healthy. That monstrosity seems like something I would have invented while trying to clean out the refrigerator of leftovers in order to make room for a vodka-filled watermelon. I guess their new angle is the convenience of taking a meal that you would normally have to eat with utensils and stuffing it in some bread so you can eat it with your hands. Next month will be a fettuccine Alfredo sandwich.

Subway Employee:  Welcome to Subway, how can I help you? 
Customer: I want a footlong enchilada and Frito sandwich. 
Subway employee slaps a mound of enchilada slop on a 12” bun and pours a bag of Fritos on top. 
Subway Employee:  Ok, sir, what toppings would you like on it? 
Customer: Meatballs. 
That customer then proudly tells everyone at the office that he had Subway for lunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment